Friday, February 24, 2006

Dangerous Disciples

Sent by the King of the universe, indwelt by God Himself, protected by His prayer, empowered by His Spirit, granted ultimate victory, carrying an eternity changing message, willing to die at His bidding...disciples young and old are just plain dangerous! They fight in groups, they call heaven their true home, they give up all things for the Kingdom and for love of their King. They love the lost, encourage the weak, and honor the faithful. They live without fear, are dauntless in the face of the enemy, and charge into battle with no hesitation. Their prayers move mountains, their words destroy lies, their hands bring healing. All the dark forces of the enemy shake in fear when just one...just one spiritual warrior takes the field against them. They are dangerous. They are disciples of Jesus Christ.

3 Comments:

Blogger Spiritual Swordsman said...

I agree that there are "types of Christians" that "demonize" others and bear their faith in such a way that doesn't reflect the heart or character of their Savior.

I also agree that God has made each of us (from all races and traditions) in such way that we are capable of dedication, intense faith, and life surrending loyalty.

However, I DO believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to connect with the God who created all things and all people. Simply because I have encountered Him so powerfully.
And He has made that claim so emphatically (John 14:6). I would not presume to change what He claims. I have chosen to accept it and put my faith and soul in His hands.

That said, I demonize no one. Demons work with the enemy, I believe they are real. People on the other hand, even those of other religions are precious to God...so they are precious to me. I would love them, respect them, work side by side with them to relieve the suffering in this world. And I would, in relationship with them, spend every chance I get to cause them to come to Christ.

You have embraced "one way" of thinking about truth that involves the accepting of all religions. I have embraced "one way" of thinking about truth that involves a single Savior for this world. And I would gladly sit for a cup of coffee for an engaging conversation about the hows and whys of our beliefs. Perhaps in Japan in the near future.

11:29 PM  
Blogger Spiritual Swordsman said...

Thank you for your encouragement Nanny. You are right. We are simply appropriating a victory that was won on the cross. Fight on!

11:59 PM  
Blogger Spiritual Swordsman said...

I pray God's blessing on your journey. Thanks for your comments.

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home